Friday, April 8, 2011

The most popular food in Brazil

When people ask me about a typical  food in my country the first meal that comes to my mind is Feijoada. Hummm.. it is really good. Feijoada is prepared with black turtle beans and a variety of salted pork and beef products, such as pork ears, tail, feet, bacon, and some smoke sausage. This stew is best prepared over slow fire in a thick clay pot. It taste strong so I recommend to eat at lunch time.  It is traditionally served with white rice, and accompanied by chopped fried collard greens, and peeled and sliced orange.  Believe me it is really good =]

2 comments:

  1. Pork ears and tail!!?? Wow, that sounds wild! But I want to try that. I like to try many different kind of food. There is a Brazilian restaurant that have lunch buffet in Norwalk. I've been there several times. They are really good. I love their flan. Mmm,delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks like Colombian food. I know that is delicious. However I don't eat a lot of Colombia food because the true is that is not too healthy. But I think people should try all kind of food because that is one of the best pleasures in the life.

    ReplyDelete